Saturday, September 5, 2015

School Time Update 9/5/15

I've been dreaming of a few rearrangements in our home.

Correction: I've been dreaming of commandeering MisterKidd's large office for homeschool and offering him the smaller extra bedroom for an office. My 34 inch pupil and I have been feeling cramped whilst doing our studies recently, and how much room does a man really need to read books and prepare sermons? Is he doing vibrant interpretive dances to Itsy Bitsy Spider daily?

No.

I've had his blessing to make this switch for a while, but paint has not been a priority at budget-making time in the past few months. But last weekend, I managed to squeeze out a little of my birthday money for a gallon of Bistro White. On Monday afternoon, I rolled the first strip of paint on the wall.

Then I woke up, and it was Friday.

I had painted, heaved furniture, moved hundreds of books unstairs and down, and made countless trips to Lowe's throughout the week. Most of the work was done during nap time, in the evenings after MisterKidd came home, and at night after everyone was in bed. For most of the week, I was a zombie covered in Bistro White and La Fonda Blue, pausing only to hug my Littles who called "Mama!" from beyond the gate at the top of the stairs.

**This is where I would have put a picture of Kip holding a piece of cardboard with "LaFawnduh" written on it. Google it and laugh with me.

This morning, I put the finishing touches on the room, snapped a few pictures, then begged Big Girl to come and do some school work (which isn't hard). She is mildly impressed with the new arrangement, which is all I can ask of a two year old. I, however, am over the moon with it all. It is dreamy, and I find myself sneaking down there to just sit at my desk and look around, arrange the trays on her tot school shelves, and text another picture to my mom.

So, without any further rambling, here is our just-moved-into, freshly painted school room.

And some amazing and sturdy trays I found at the Dollar General for $1.

If you'd like to know where I got something or how I use it, I'd love to share! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment