Thursday, June 4, 2015

Dear Future Husband

Dear Future Husband,

I expect everything, but you'll be lucky if you get anything from me. 

I need flowers, jewelry, gifts, respect, and maybe you'll get sex, but certainly not dinner, because I don't cook. 

I intend to be treated like a queen, but get used to the idea of being treated like a servant in our marriage. I can say whatever I want, do whatever I want, and that has to be ok with you. 

But make sure you watch your tone, and don't forget that even when I'm wrong, I'm right. 

When we argue--what am I saying?? We won't argue as long as you remember your place. I don't need suggestions or advice, and I certainly don't need correction. 

When I need you to be strong, make sure you are, then be ready to go back to your place on the stoop in front of the door. 

Your only benefit in this marriage is my body, but it's mine to give as I please, and don't forget it. No, that doesn't objectify me.

Dear husband, we will have children when I decide I want to, because it's my body that does the work. You get no say in this.

We will live where I want, because I work, too, so I pay half the bills and half the mortgage. 

If you forget any of that, then I'll leave and take the kids, because they're mine, too.

Everything we have and everything we are is equal. We're exactly the same. 

But mine's a little better. 

Love, 
Meghan Trainor and the Millennial Women

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ShlW5plD_40


No comments:

Post a Comment